Monday, July 11, 2011

Finished the Blocking

The next time HH comes over she won’t think I’m a total loser, just a partial one, because I finished the blocking. Sure, it wasn’t a huge deal, but it’s something. When you’re a real-man in training, you’ll take what you can get.

Once I got started on it, it wasn’t so bad, and had a day a few hours to dedicate to it. It wasn’t a fun job, and my Mentor wasn’t even sure if it was necessary, but some people felt it was important, and once I got the suggestion in my head, I felt like it was the proper course of action. After all, I’ve got plenty of free time on my hands, right?

Either way, at some point I was going gangbusters on it and then ran out of wood. Consequently, I completely ran out of steam and it all came to a grinding halt until I could get the wood. I didn’t need much, just about 8 feet of 2X6 board. It was really a transportation issue.

A few days back my Mentor kindly helped me pick up some pipes for the plumbing, and at that time I got the board, which sat for about a week until yesterday when I had a free 45 minutes to cut the wood and set in it place. One day I’ll get around to nailing them in.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: