Monday, July 4, 2011

Getting the Pipes

Thanks much to my Mentor for helping me to get the plumbing supplies that we’ll need get the bathrooms started on the barn. I had a list from BL that was kid of extensive, and not necessarily written in layman’s terms. BL offered to pick up the supplies or go with me (he’s a great guy), but also said that it would save me $$ the more I did myself. Say no more, I was going to Home Depot. I initially wanted to go to LaValley’s because I always feel like a real contractor going there, but Home Depot is moving up the ranks in terms of the quality fo the experience.

Of course, once we got there, some of the stuff was hard to define and if I’d been alone, I’d never found any of it. Amazing how much pipe stuff goes into doing the plumbing on the house, and this is just the tip fo the iceberg.

Either way, I just wanted to point out that we got excellent customer service at Home Depot. The sales guy was extremely helpful, not to mention knowledgeable. He knew the stuff we were looking for, and we found everything. I also scored the final board I’ll need to finish the blocking.

We stopped off at Fore-U for some ice cream to reward ourselves for a job well done, though in the end, I didn’t do much.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: