Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Roof Option

After talking to HH about my plan to flash the side of the shed dormer in the back of the house, she told me of another option. At first I thought I’d just use aluminum flashing and then either leave it at that, which would look bad but would do the job, or paint it. I have the paint, but she said paint would chip off over time, and the thing to do would be to contact the roofers, Iron Horse, and get the actual metal that they used to flash it. That would be a perfect match, and I might even be able to get it cut to size, which would be about 4 inches.

She also mentioned contacting Bethel Mills, who might be able to pull it off, as well. The advantage of BM is that they could probably send it to Britton’s, making obtaining it simpler. IH, on the other hand, is out in Tunbridge, though they might be able to deliver.

Either way, this should be interesting. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: