Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting It Done… Sort Of

I’m back on my own in terms of house projects, and I kind of like it that way, sort of makes me feel like the man of steel. Besides, being the professional that she is, I don’t think HH was so into working with me, especially in light of my incompetence. Either way, she’s off to greener pastures and I’m left to fend for myself, which is just how I like it.

With that in mind, I asked JH and his magic bag of tools if he was interested in rekindling our working relationship, and he said yes. It’s much more laid back with him, though perhaps not as profesional, and we tend to have more fun. R is astute to point this out, or more to the point, the lack of progress in terms of building. I guess you just can’t have it all.

One thing is for certain, I think the projects will move along more efficiently now that camps have subsided. Not as much running around or time committments, and I’m glad for that. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had a great summer, it’s just that I went a little nuts carting the kids to their respective activities. No regrets, it’s just nice to get a break.

We’ve obtained the roof flashing, and also I managed to finally caulk the seams on the front door clapboards. I still need to finish the trim work, but at least now I can paint the wood so it looks somewhat normal. The trim work will be a bit tricky, but nothing a table saw and lots of paintable caulk can’t fix.

The yard is in reasonable condition, mowed and trimmed. Now that the days are getting cooler and shorter, I think the grass is growing slower, which is a bonus, because I don’t need more work right now. I’ve contacted BL the plumber, as well as TB for our firewood. Still waiting to hear about our propane contract. Otherwise, we’re moving along into Fall, and I still need to stack about 5 cords of wood.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Erica Johnson for the pic.

No comments: