Friday, January 21, 2011

Too Much of a Good Thing?

Be careful what you wish for, as the saying goes. I’ve been pining away for snow and then we got boatloads of it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy about it, but it does entail a great deal of shoveling.

What complicates the matter is the efficiency of our standing seam roof. Sure enough, it’s doing its job, but it just so happens to unload all the snow onto the walking path in front of the house. This, too, would not be such a huge deal if not for the sleet and freezing rain we had a couple of days ago.

This made the snow not only hard as ice, but heavy as lead. How’s that for a good use of metaphors? Or was it similes? If life is like a metaphor, does that make it a simile?

Anyway, it took me quite a while to shovel through it all, because I had to break the ice before removing it, and man was it heavy. Good training if I ever want to try out for an avalanche rescue team. It took a toll on my back, but every time I wince in pain, I feel myself getting closer to realizing my dream of one day being a real man.

Until that time, thanks for reading.

No comments: