Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weather Observations and Our Driveway

It has already shaped up to be muddy mud season, but one thing even I, Johnny Flatlander, have noticed, and that is how early the Spring is arriving. It has been commented on by several locals, but I recall last year burning wood into June-for the record, I'm a little embarrassed by this lack of fortitude, but remember, I'm still a real man in training. Either way, it's now April, and I can't see us burning wood into May, but it's still early. I definitely can't imagine getting anymore snow, but you just never know.

The yard is almost completely clear of snow, and I've even begun the process of yardwork, if you can believe that. Raking is the theme of the week, and once that gets cleared up, I can start thinking about getting the lawnmower tuned up. And of course, there is the issue of my chainsaw, but I won't bore you with that.

Living in New England really builds your stamina, because there is always something that needs to be done, and it can be hard work, but in the best sort of way.

We had an excavator come our and check out our driveway because it's going to need some work at some point in the future, or should I say, very near future. We want to resurface it, at least pour some hard pack over it because it's getting pretty bad. It will be interesting to see what the estimate comes out to because we'd really like to see it get done.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Andrei Ghergar for the pic.

No comments: