Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Walled In

As I mentioned, KB came over and started framing the bathroom downstairs but wasn’t going to finish it until next week. Say no more, I’m ready, willing and able... two out of three ain’t bad. The wood is there, all I need to do is cut it up, figure out how the spacing will be, and then nail it in. I even got the thumbs up from KB. Hey, I could get used to this.

I was looking at how he did it, and being the experienced professional that he is, I think he built the frame first, then nailed it into place. When I framed the windows, I did it the hard way, partially because I had no choice, but it was more my style to do it slow and methodically. Plus, when I measure out pieces and nail them together, it never seems to go according to plan.

This should be interesting. Since I’m pressed for time, I first cut the boards to size. Next I’ll nail them together, and then put the wall into place.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Keith Syvinski for the pic.

No comments: