Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Raking It In

I thought I was getting a free pass this year on the raking because we got this crazy early snow. I really hadn’t done much in the raking department, which for the record is my least favorite thing to do, no question about it. With the snow, suddenly it was all out of sight, out of mind.

Well, as you might have guessed, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky, and sure enough, all of the snow is melting, revealing a cover of... you guessed it, leaves. Part of me wants to just leave it until next spring, which is what a lot of people do. Another part of me thinks I’ll regret this course of action.

I usually do one final mowing in concentric squares that progressively blow the leaves out into the woods, but all it takes is a good windstorm to blow all of my hard work back into my face.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: