Monday, October 24, 2011

More Kindling

I sort of had a sense that over time, this barn project would yield some kindling, and sure enough, after KB had made the stairwell and framed the bathroom, there was tons of the stuff, and it’s only just begun. I know, this feeds into my firewood OCD, but in the end, it’s a practical obsession, so maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

I just need to cut the wood into more manageable pieces, then split it into small bits. I can’t wait.

Until then, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, California Dude :) I hope that the wood you're using for kindling is not treated or painted. You probably already know that it's not good to burn that stuff in the house, but figured I should jump in here just in case.

phredude said...

Hey Happy Kid City,

Thanks for the advice, I'm super conscientious about what sort of wood goes into the stove. Fortunately, when you're doing a building project, there's plenty of untreated pine lying around. Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.