Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shower Knob Challenge

My Mentor mentioned to me that fixing certain aspect of our shower knob can bring a grown man (in training) to his knees. Not the best frame of mind to be in when entering into a project, especially for the likes of me, but I I can’t let that stop me. If I did, nothing would get done around here.

It's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't done, right? At least that's what I tell my kids, having gone through life having embraced the latter and hating myself for it.

Anyway, I have several options, but the most immediate, though challenging, is to tackle the problem all by my lonesome. This would entail dismantling the knob, trying to ascertain what the problem is, then calling JH and his magic bag of tools to save me. Just kidding, sort of.

The problem (one of many) that I face is that once I open the darn thing up, how the heck am I supposed to recognize what the problem is? And even if I did, do I have the wherewithal to fix it? (waah, waah, waah!)

Okay, enough of my whining, I’ve got to at least give it a go. That shower is sitting idle, anyway, so I might as well shut the water off that feeds it, and I think I’ve located the valves to do that. Once the water is off, I figure I can tinker around with it, and if worse comes to worse, have my Mentor drive down from Maine and save me. Either that, or beg JH and his magic bag of tools to make an emergency visit.

This should be interesting. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: