Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shedding Light on the Situation

We suffer a bit from darkness in our house. For whatever reason, there just aren’t a lot of bright lights, and since we live nestled in the woods, it can get a little dark and dreary. I realize some people like this, even me, but in certain places, I prefer it bright. It improves my state of mind immensely. This is especially true for the kitchen and dining room.

We fixed the lights in the kitchen and that has helped, but the light fixture over the dining table was still insufficient. The light itself is nice, and knowing M&SG, they bought a good quality light that must have cost a fair amount of money. In other words, they didn’t get it at Home Depot. The light is not bright, but is somewhat decorative.

A few months back it malfunctioned, and when the family was over, PR located the problem and fixed it. The problem was, he didn’t have the best tools to fix it, and though it worked beautifully afterward, it has once again stopped working. We get a little light, but not enough for my liking.

The solution? Replace it. I even got the fixture, at Home Depot, no less. Now it’s just a question of doing it, but at least I’ve taken the first step, and hope the time it takes to take the next step won’t be measured in months.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: