This is nothing short of a miracle, but we've managed completely sheath the barn and get most of the house wrap on, so the structure is reasonable condition for the weather. Still so much to do, however. We've got the windows and I think the doors have arrived, but since one of them is a big French door, it won't fit in our Mazda coupe, and I'm thinking we'll have to pay for delivery on this one. It's just too darn big.
My friend GS came over and we put the Tyvek up, and it was a bit of a chore. That stuff is so big and unruly, but with two people, essentially amount to rolling the stuff over the surface and stapling it as you go. I still struggle a bit with those staplers that you slam against the surface, they seem to tear the material, but live and learn.
The hard part was wrapping the second story gable. What a challenge, and it must have been quite a site to behold. We approached it with the idea that fewer large pieces was the best way to go, so we tried to install one huge piece on the second story. In retrospect, this was a mistake, and after talking to some pros, they said to use smaller pieces and overlap. While I understand that fewer pieces is better, a man's got to know his limitations. I think I can do the front gable, but in sections. Like everyone keeps telling me, just think like a raindrop.
Once the windows and doors are in, which should be before 2012, the house will be sealed. Of course, there are issues with the fascia and soffits, but those are better left for another year.
Until the next time, thanks for reading.