Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strange Happenings in Our Yard

I realize this could very well be my imagination, and I'm hoping that it is, but there are some strange things going on around here. I can't help but think that there is an overall lack of life activity in our yard. Not only is our blueberry bush completely missing anything in terms of flowers, but I can't seem to see any pollinating bugs flying around the flowers. Early on there were thousands of bees, honeybees and bumblebees, you couldn't walk without worrying about getting stung. Then the weather seemed to turn sour, we got tons of rain and clouds, it cooled off, and now I don't squat. It's sad and disconcerting.

I also put out our feeders and I don't seem to see any birds. I know I'm being neurotic here, but I stand and watch and don't see much of anything. I worry that our cats have scared them away, but they are high enough that they wouldn't be able to get close enough without fair warning. I can hear them out in the woods, but no sight. I like seeing them feeding around the house, as do the cats.

Either way, it could be my imagination. We'd like to resolve the blueberry issue and it may require drastic actions, like relocating them and proper maintenance. More sun, perhaps?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: