Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Barn Revisited Again, Firing Up the Chainsaw

R's dad said once again to finish the barn, so we need no further prompting. We think we have a better sense of what needs to be done and how to go about doing it... hopefully. And best of all, we have our mentor, GL, there to help us. The plan is to have GL be the foreman while we do a lot of the work. When needed, we will hire outside work, but we hope it will work out this way. We shall see, we have RR's blessing, so things will move forward. I'm kind of looking forward to it, in fact we're meeting with GL today to talk things over.

In the meantime, I still have six cords of wood to cut. I haven't touched my chainsaw in about a month, so I fired it up just to get the cobwebs off. I also cleaned it up and got rid of the muck. I'm thinking I'll start doing some cutting in July, but man do I hate that heat. It's still got to be done.

Though I still need to paint the house, at least get to the trim and repair the gables. I've gotten next year's wood split, stacked and covered, and have about half of the year after. Just have to finish that and then attend to year 3's wood. That's 15 cords of wood. Wow, what a chore.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: