Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nice to See the Sun

The weather has been particularly gloomy, so much rain after a long dry spell. June seems to be a dour month, with the rain never ending. So it's nice when you finally get to see the sun. R has been really active in the garden, and I've been trying to keep up on the yard work, but it can be a challenge when the rain keeps coming. Especially with the lawn.

We are heading into the thick of summer and with it comes all the cool fairs and festivals. Next weekend is the Balloon Fest, though we're not sure how to approach that one. It's so expensive and a bit manic, but the kids deserve to have some fun, and we need to get out more. Maybe we can coordinate something, though these events can be awkward with CB sightings. She seems to ignore our kids and though they are oblivious to it, it's painful for me.

What to do, what to do.

Anyway, during my bout of angst about the natural state of our yard, sure enough the sun came out and the weather was beautiful yesterday afternoon. It really lifted my spirits, though I still don't seem to see too many bugs and our blueberries are toast. I hear and see lots of birds, but they don't seem to eat our seeds. Why do I take these things so personally?

I hope the bugs come back when the weather gets nicer. We took a walk to the Flower Farm and it looked beautiful. The community garden was on fire, and they have a blackberry patch to die for. I'd like to get some tips from KJ. We need some serious help.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: