It dawned on me that I don't really have time to gloat and be complacent about cutting all that wood because it's got to be split and stacked. This is May, and ideally I'd like to have it stacked before the beginning of June. I figure we've got about two cords leftover, so that will take us into around Nov/Dec. By then, the new wood will have seasoned for 6-7 months, which should be enough to burn. The goal here is to have at least ten cords standing so five will season while we burn the other five. Then replace the used five with a new five. Does that make sense?
I started splitting and it sure felt good. In fact, and I know how crazy this sounds, but it makes me feel happy to see all the wood I get to split. Sure, it's going to take a lot of time, but the fun never stops. Hopefully I'll get even more, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Got to split and stack in the coming months.
Now that I've sort of finished painting the clapboards in back, it dawned on me that some of them, many perhaps, need to be replaced. I've decided to paint them as if they were fine and then go back and replace. Though this sounds foolishly redundant, the problem I face is that I have a tendency to let things fall to hell if I don't do it immediately, so by painting things I might in fact replace, at least they look a better before they are improved completely. I have trouble explaining this, but that's what I'll do. After they're painted, I'll go back and replace sections that are too thrashed, fixing just portions of the board because to replace the entire length would cost me an arm and leg. I feel much better after having decided this.
I still need to tune up the lawnmower, the grass is growing like, well, grass, actually.
Gotta run. Until the next time, thanks for reading.