Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lots to Do

I'm really trying to keep on my karate, and just a little bit every day will do wonders for me not to mention help me feel better. For whatever reason, I'm sore as hell all the time. Could be from hauling all that firewood.

I need to keep moving on the wood, BTW. It needs to be split to be seasoned in time for next winter. I figure we have about two cords leftover which will begin the winter and by the time we get to the new wood, it will have about six months to season, which isn't ideal but better than nothing. Our plan is to have ten cords standing and ready, so we burn through five while five dry, and then be hit the ground running the next year. Of course, the cycle never ends, but that's the way we like it. Besides, I look at the pile of wood we currently have and it warms my heart to see all the wood I get to split. I know it sounds crazy, but I love splitting wood.

Finished staining and finishing the picnic table, and it looks good, but I think the ideal thing would have been to completely sand off the entire surface and then stain/finish. Oh well, live and learn. I'll know better next year.

I got our extra lawnmower blade sharpened over at Charlie Brown's and got the new filter. Hopefully I'll get around to tuning up the machine today, but we'll see. Somehow unless the need is there I manage to put things off.

Reflecting on karate, I feel like last class was a good one, and there benefits to keeping the lessons in mind all the time, in whatever I do. Actual practice helps, as well.

As my mind wanders, it reminds me that I've got other things to do. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: