Saturday, March 5, 2011

Search and Rescue

The weather was a bit warmer yesterday, so much so that I thought I could dig through the ice and snow with a shovel and find our thermometer. I have to confess, I miss having it by the window. So I set out an a search and rescue mission through the frozen wasteland.

The snow is easily three feet deep, and hard as a rock in most places except in the back, which has southern exposure and constant sun. This makes it a little tricky, however, because it also warms the snow on the roof, which is leaning over the edge and just waiting to fall on top of your head.

Fortunately, it didn’t take too much time. In fact, soon after I started to clear the snow, I found it. I stuck it back into its bracket and got out of there before the avalanche came down. Now we’re back in business, and I’m glad I at least made the effort to find it rather than resign myself to a fate less than desirable.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: