Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Addressing the Problem

We are kind of nestled in the woods, and people have trouble all the time finding our house. This is especially true for deliveries, and I can’t tell you how many times FedEx or UPS has pulled into our driveway and asked us if they’d found the right address.

In order to address this situation (no pun intended), we’ve decided to make an address sign. I’ve got lots of leftover wood scraps, some of which are fairly big. We’re going with the yellow pine that I used on the front step. I’ll cut out a squarish-rectangular piece, paint it white, and then let the kids and R go crazy with making the numbers.

I have a bracket which I’ll attach to a tree out front, and voila! Suddenly we’re on the map, not that we weren’t in the first place.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to Lize Rixt for the pic.


No comments: