Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Moving Up in the Karate World

When we were on vacation, I missed two classes of karate, but before that, because of extenuating circumstances, several classes were canceled, so for about two months, I attended maybe two classes. Kind of a bummer, but I knew what needed to be done, and practiced on my own.

When we were in the Bahamas, I had ample time to practice katas and do stretching and sparring drills, and there was a nice deck at the house we were staying in, so I got to practice while overlooking the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas. For full effect, I practiced in the nude... just kidding, though there wasn't anyone around to see if I did.

Anyway, I got a lot of practicing done, which was a good thing, because when I got back, I had an email waiting for me telling me that the next class was going to be a belt test, and I was going for my purple belt.

What!?!?!? I hadn't been to class for several weeks, and the first one back, we were going to test. Fortunately, a karate man doesn't panic, and instead just breaks a few board with his head.

The test was going to be small, just the three of us, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the class had gotten bigger. It was a good test, though there are always some nerves involved, and a few mistakes made, but we got through it, and it felt good to see the fruits of your labors.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.




had my belt test last night

No comments: