Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wet Summer

It's been a reasonably wet summer after what I would consider to be a fairly dry Spring. Nature is making up for lost time, and it has been sticky and moist for several days on end. I can't say I enjoy it too much, and we spend a lot of time trying to beat the heat. Yesterday, July 9, was hot and humid, and the thunderstorms really rocked our area. The rain was unbelievable at times, and the biggest casualty in it all was our garden. We lost several bushes, the tomatoes really took a hit, and some other plants were lost. I tried to fix things but we'll see. It's supposed to be drier today.

I've got more tools, a miter saw and a sander, and I'm ready to build. Clapboards and shelves are calling me. Gave my first try at staining. They're only footstools, but it's a start. I'm learning a lot about stain, and the quest to find the perfect color. A lot of trial and error involved. Thankfully, lots of good and competent people all around to advise me. I'll make a trip to the lumber yard soon to get our wood. Wish me luck.

Looking forward to some dry days in the sun. So much to do, so little time. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: