Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chainsaw Neurosis and the Barn Calling

I was over at GK&Ts and G's buddy D was there. The guy looked a little fried, and I almost didn't recognize him, he's aged so much. Doesn't help that the guy doesn't take care of himself, but somehow I don't recall him looking so old. Either way, G was ready to cut down some trees and D and I watched him sharpen his chain, and the subject came up of filing the links of the chainsaw blade, which I've done. Of course, D is an expert logger and went on about how the chain is going to break and basically kill you. Now I've nicked my chain before and used it to cut several cords of wood, but it got me to thinking that maybe I'm flirting with disaster. Now I'm all worried about that darn chain, and I just sharpened mine.

Oh well, I do have a spare chain, and I could always take the old one into Joe's and have them assess. Better safe than sorry. Chainsaws really scare me.

On a brighter note, I've resolved to start work on the barn again. I've basically done nothing in the past month, and the weather really hasn't been that bad. Right now it feels like Spring is in the air, though I know we're in for some weather at some point. It's only February, after all.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: