Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back in the Fold

Now that we're back from vacation, my real-man training resumes. For starters, I have to prepare for karate class on Monday, and I haven't been in touch with anybody but I believe there is a belt test in my near future. While I would love it if the test was in a week, I must be prepared for it in two days. We shall see.

Things around the house are pretty mellow, just getting ready for the cooler weather. Have to arrange for someone to plow the driveway and also get the septic pumped. I've been cutting up kindling in the barn and it sure does take some time, though I enjoy it. I still need to move a lot of wood, as well.

My Mentor gave me a short list of things to do, the most immediate of which are to get a floor plan together for the barn and then to rip up the front porch and get ready to mix some concrete. We'll see how that goes.

I've got a bunch of writing obligations, as well, with no time to spare. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: