Thursday, August 21, 2008

Landscaping

It all seemed so easy at first. Mow the lawn every now and then, rake the leaves in the Fall, and then the long Winter sets in and all you have to do is shovel snow. Well, easy isn't quite accurate, but perhaps simple is the word I seek. Either way, it doesn't seem to entail too much complicated thought. Of course, I was wrong, and now I'm beginning to realize that there's a lot more to living in the country and being a real man.

Besides the home improvement gig, which is never ending, I've begun doing some trimming and maintenance of the landscape, and it's not overly strenuous but needs to be done. It's a constant battle against nature, and I can't help but think that nature will always prevail. Sometimes I can't help but ask, what's the point?

I've yet to get the mowing done. Will it never end? Probably not. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: